Over the years, Georgina has delivered numerous training sessions for a variety of organisations such as:
-Alder Hey’s Children Hospital: Training for Play Specialists
-RLPO: Training and mentoring for musicians to work in Mental Health units for the Merseycare
Project and at Alder Hey’s Children Hospital
-Merseycare: Training for staff
-Live Music Now
Training and mentoring for musicians carrying out projects in Special needs schools in Liverpool
Training for musicians carrying out projects in Mental Health Units in London and Leeds.
Training for teachers in special needs schools on how to use simple elements of music making in their daily practice.
-Opening Doors Course at the Tate Gallery Liverpool
How can health care professionals(nurses, social workers, play specialists) use simple elements of music making in their practice? (see website link)
-TaMHS: Targeting Mental Health in Schools:
Training delivery for a group of teachers and child psychologists on the impact of music making with vulnerable children.
Examples of subjects covered in training sessions:
• Communication and Presentation Skills
• Working with Musical Materials, repertoire Based Work
• Improvisation and Composition
• Song Writing
• Knowing the people you`re working with
• Working with Mental Health patients
• Working with children in hospital
• Working with children and adults with autism
• Working in High secure units and prisons
• Practitioners well being/Coping with emotions